Tuesday, March 6, 2012

At the movies-- The Iron Lady

So I watched 'The Iron Lady' last night.. I had till now only heard and known that Margaret Thatcher was a phenomenal woman who was both loved and hated by a large chunk of the the world.. But this movie did explain a lot of things.. 
I do understand that it is a biopic and was adapted to suit the format of a feature film, but was I blown away or not!!
And watching a Meryl Streep movie is like watching a genius magician at work!!...
She just so easily slips into any character and makes it so believable..
Her career is filled with such fine performances.. Every characterization, accent, body language, monologue and dialogue delivery is crafted to perfection .. A nuanced and well balanced performances each time..!!
Be it 'Kramer Vs Kramer', 'Sophie's Choice', 'Out of Africa', 'Mama Mia' .. And now 'The Iron Lady'.. Brilliant !!!
 So I leave here with a quote from the movie.. A very powerful one
 '' People don’t think anymore... They feel...
‘How are you feeling?.. No, I don’t feel comfortable. I’m sorry, we as a group we’re feeling….’

One of the great problems of our age is that we are governed by people who care more about feelings than they do about thoughts and ideas.

Thoughts and ideas. That interests me. Ask me what I’m thinking.


And I'm thinking..


'Watch your thoughts for they become words. Watch your words for they become actions. Watch your actions for they become…habits. Watch your habits, for they become your character. And watch your character, for it becomes your destiny!

What we think we become.' ''


No comments: