The wind blew hard, and broke the news..
News that I knew not off.. of death and despair..
With each whisp was a story of doomed silence..
Of helpless cries and bloodied eyes..
We were just there; exploring the metaphors of life..
And wandering in the happy roads of music..
And then came the wind.. and took away the smiles..
Of tarnished icons and places we loved..
It hurts me to say that humanity is greater..
Cos your mad fanatism rightfully denies you..
You are a shame to the world and yourself at large..
You fight for a cause you do not have..
But curse you I shall not..
And judge you I will not..
My brothers died but still they live..
While you died..Long before you killed...
4 comments:
Yes it hurts! and I hope things change after this!We are all with Mumbai!
And I loved this too
"My brothers died but still they live..
While you died..Long before you killed... "
Super poetry pal !
i liked the sequencing of thoughts, they are very well put. And you have captured all the feelings we have experienced in those lines, well done.
You've written this! And it captures everything that any story I was talking about could have possibly described!
For lack of a better word- I think it's beautifully written.. And very effective also.
I liked these lines
"It hurts me to say that humanity is greater..
Cos your mad fanaticism rightfully denies you.." and of course the last ones... Very heart-touching...
It's just sad because one of the thoughts I have on this is that it comes down to lack of respect... for anything. Actually it is their lives that are doomed because they don't tolerate even themselves. They don't respect themselves, don't respect others, don't respect their own boundaries and don't respect other's spaces either. I don't know what tragedies and horrible personal traumas if there are, drive them to this but what hides behind their mask of forced aggression, is a cowering image of fear and hopelessness. It's scary and sad...
Anyway, i think we've had our share of talks on this one!
Really lovely poetry... Keep writing...
Post a Comment