Do I feel like a proud Indian..???
I do feel like a responsible citizen..
I have a slight confession to make...
I gave 2 hoots to who was standing these elections and who won...
I know that each vote counts; but I also knew that none of these politicians really cared bout us... Add to that, I least cared
However some people close to me told me that I must exercise my vote... whether in choosing a candidate/party or making a null-vote..
So i decided to go and cast my VOTE..plus the idea of going back to school (the venue) after over 9 years was exciting enough..
And it was whilst we were standing outside the voting booth that I looked up on the candidates for the elections (last minute information i know.. but was hoping that it would help).. besides,when I looked around me, I began to see that there were people from different walks of life.. voting for different reasons... some for the religion.. some for their businesses.. some for 26/11.. some for their money... some for a better life... some for their basic rights...various other reasons...
That's when i asked myself what was I voting for?.. the answer hadn't really solidified until then.. but it made me realize that it is each of us who together decide the fate of our country... no one can take that right away from us..
So I cast my VOTE... for my country
2 comments:
Glad you voted Azzy. One must vote.
so good sense prevailed in the end...
Post a Comment