Was discussing with a friend (you know I'm talking bout you;)) about how we'd like to spend our ideal birthdays... And not surprisingly enough we had almost the same things to say..
And so I thought I'd just put it down, lest someone feeling dear to me wants to shower me with tonnes of gifts... haha... I know I am gonna get a lot of flak for saying this, but nonetheless....:)
Getting back to my Ideal birthday... Let me begin by saying that those who know me well know that I am a very very private person, and DO NOT quite get the hooo-haaa about bringing one's birthday.. I know its a day you'd quite likely would have wished to celebrate more than other days..
And my idea of celebration goes thus...
I definitely do not belong to the pantheon of fellow beings who want to be the first person in line to wish someone for their birthday.. when the clock strikes 12 across the globe!!! For goodness sake.. Today would most certainly be the day when I do not want to feel like a phone operator Thanking everyone for their wishes and remembering me...I do try to keep that sweet lil thing called mobile phone away from me.. Don't worry.. i do not feel offended if you do not call me FIRST (much rather call me at all)... So if I do not answer the call, no offence is meant, and none taken either... For all I care its just another day and doesn't seem worth it to stay awake to answer all the calls..
I'd much rather want my birthday be a quiet, hush-hush do... Serenity, peace and solitude is what I seek.. and no amounts of clubbing/drinking/indulgence/surprises/gifts would really make for that..
Just the loving presence of my family and close important people in the world... spending quality time with them.. meditating.. gives me great joy and a feeling of being pure and thats what counts for me.. Nothing else matters.. All else are just worldly obligations which I follow so that no one gets offended..
Reading a book.. listening to my music..Visiting the temple... taking a nice walk.. watching nature bloom..Some good interesting chats.. laughing and talking with my family...having a nice home-made dinner..enjoying my mug of hot chocolate..reflecting.. Peaceful Silence..Happiness.. my idea of a sweet little birthday..
Don't worry.. Im not going to bite your head off if you call me.. Neither am I a crazy mut who is screaming at the world for signing the attendance register (to wish me) or singing the Happy Birthday song for me :)
On the contrary I am glad that there are people who think about me and wish to send/express their wishes.. And I feel a deep sense of gratitude to know that your well wishes are always with me and fondly thank everyone for the same...
I just that my idea of fun need not be like someone else's and nobody needs to fight tooth and nail to get/do something for me.. Just your love and blessing will do me just fine...:)
Wow.. this has been an interesting post leaving people with a feeling of funniness?? weirdness?? I don't know.. But I felt the need to have this written..
And maybe count the gifts i'm gonna get??? :D
1 comment:
Ditto! :)
Post a Comment