Saturday, June 14, 2008

POINT TAKEN… LESSON LEARNT

The primary reason of me blogging is just so that I can lay down my thoughts- however random that it may be!! (Never really bothered about having a clearly defined writing style)

As a creative and imaginative person (I take the liberty of adding these adjectives to myself); I was just putting down the million thoughts that came rushing to my head; and although they were making sense to me, I realized that not many understood what I was trying to convey and in the bargain they started getting lost.

I now understand that making my point clear is also a very important part of creative writing.

That’s when a dear friend sat me down and clearly gave me the following valuable instruction – STICK TO THE POINT.
She told me that giving random thoughts a definitive streamlining is necessary to be a better writer.

In retrospect it all does make sense!!

My earlier posts did sound very abstract without really sticking to any particular line of thought.

Like all things in my life, I need to do things with conviction else it starts showing in my work.

So thank you Neetha for helping me be a better writer. Lesson Learnt.

1 comment:

Neetha said...

Like they say what are friends for. I jus read the post above above you have taken heed. I am glad to have an influence on you.