Saturday, June 14, 2008

Unheralded rains..

The monsoons evoke many an emotion in me.
Be it the thrill of the end of yet another hot and sweltering summer. Or the aroma of richly roasted or boiled “masal-e-dar” corn-cobs generously dashed with lemon juice.
The warmth of sitting cuddled at home looking out the window while it pours on the world outside and sipping the “garma-garam” chai and gorging on the mouth-watering onion pakodas (staple of this weather)
Lounging indoors with friends and playing boardgames while the deluge licks and kicks in the city; or simply running on the promenade to be bathed by the clouds.
To see the thunderous drumming and lightening while the fisher-folk row back home with their day’s catch; and the romantic getaways by the sea-face as it showers.
Damn the rains or smile with it: Call it rain-happy or cloud-gloomy.
It does change your mood.
Like Driving around the city last night aptly and happily listening to “Raindrops keep Falling on my head” and “Singing in the Rain” on the stereo (for effect; and it worked!!)

Yet another bout of raindrops sprinkles through the window whilst I type this; grabbing my attention.
I look out the window and see some kids wildly running in abandon. In the showers; kicking and jumping. The tiny rivulets that have been created by the side-walk pavements.
There I go again,
Into the rains, I go marching again…

No comments: