The following is a quote from a book called BRIDA by Paulo Coelho. Coelho has an interesting mysticism to his writing. I agree not all his books are great.. Some of them can be dismissed out right.. but he does have a flair of putting together some interesting thoughts. Especially like the one below... As I greatly apply it to my own life.
In Life, each person can take one of two attitudes: to build or to plant.
The builders might take years over their tasks, but one day, they finish what they're doing. Then they find they're hemmed up in their own walls. Life loses meaning when the building stops.
Then there are those who plant. They endure storms and all he many vicissitudes of the seasons, and they rarely rest. But, unlike a building, a garden never stops growing. And while it requires the gardner's constant attention, it allows life for the gardner to be a great adventure.
Gardners always recognize each other, because they know that in the history of each plant lies the growth of the whole World.
2 comments:
I completely agree. some of his thoughts are so profound that they speak to you. His books speak to people that it chooses.. in a sense. Brida is a book that I dived into. And it got me thinking. not many books do that. It tells an interesting story and gives me the courage to hope. It gives us all the satisfaction of knowing that its ok to be who we are and to love with all we have.. with the highest intensities.. perhaps more..everytime we do.
It made me realise that i'm no different from the people around me. And that 'good things in life that happen to me do so because I deserve them'
Our happiness lies in the choices we make-to be planters or buliders, to love or hate, to persevere or give up, to speak or remain silent. However tiny they may seem at the time, our choices make us who we are.
yes.. I Know what u talkin bout when u said
"His books speak to people that it chooses.. in a sense."
Not that i enjoyed readin Brida per say, but it did have a few thoughts that i liked.. I'd say that bout most of his books..
Post a Comment