A conversation with my 'oldest part-friend/part-alter-ego' got me to think a little bit (well.. no surprises here!!)
Anyways the conversation revolved around about the place we are in life.. Yes yes.. Being in the mid-twenties and behaving sometimes like 17 year olds and sometimes like 40 year olds can make a conversation quite entertaining... :)
So.. Being closer to 30 has brought with it many new topics to discuss.. Such as - marriage, settling down and blah blah blah.. I'm sure all the generations before and all the generations after will have similar topics to discuss.. albeit less boring I'm sure.. What's funny is that I never pictured myself having to bother my grey matter with all this believing I am far beyond all this!!
Now; this oldest part-friend/part-alter-ego's community has taken it as their sole purpose in life (as of now) to find him an alliance!! Sweet.. But not really!!
So the community goodwill has brought him to meet many a wonderful interesting funny prospective alliances..
Won't get into the nitty gritties of the women that have been chosen for him to meet/marry/share the rest of his life..
The bottom line being that none of them have really made the cut so far..
Upon analyzing the entire situation, we found the following about the 'oldest part-friend/part-alter-ego'.. And realized that it can apply to myself and many others belonging to the same school of thought!! So I shall enlist them as "We" instead of "He" as it stands for the larger demographics
1) We believe in love.. and that it can be arranged !!
2) We don't care about what the society thinks.. But we care for how we are perceived in the society!!
3) We are in it for the long haul.. And quite old school at that too!!
4) We want to make sure things work out at individual, family and community levels
5) We love the cultures, traditions and backgrounds we come from and yet look down upon the people of our own communities for being close-minded in the way they behave and think!!
6) We believe in having a global identity and yet look down upon the way the west functions and people brought up there for being overtly liberated and their loose morals!!
7) We know that we're big hypocrites and are rather proud of it :)
8) We're prude and quite happy about it
9) We entertain the vices under the pretext of social norms.. But really can't be bothered!!
10) We use the national language for business purposes alone
11) We use our mother tongues for cultural purposes alone
12) And we use English to think!!
Well.. All of the above pretty much identifies this social demographics we belong to..
I know that not everyone subscribes to it, but some of us do!!
And why did I make a post of this all.. Simply because I wanted to say "I am completely Desi.. But I think only in English!!"
Anyways the conversation revolved around about the place we are in life.. Yes yes.. Being in the mid-twenties and behaving sometimes like 17 year olds and sometimes like 40 year olds can make a conversation quite entertaining... :)
So.. Being closer to 30 has brought with it many new topics to discuss.. Such as - marriage, settling down and blah blah blah.. I'm sure all the generations before and all the generations after will have similar topics to discuss.. albeit less boring I'm sure.. What's funny is that I never pictured myself having to bother my grey matter with all this believing I am far beyond all this!!
Now; this oldest part-friend/part-alter-ego's community has taken it as their sole purpose in life (as of now) to find him an alliance!! Sweet.. But not really!!
So the community goodwill has brought him to meet many a wonderful interesting funny prospective alliances..
Won't get into the nitty gritties of the women that have been chosen for him to meet/marry/share the rest of his life..
The bottom line being that none of them have really made the cut so far..
Upon analyzing the entire situation, we found the following about the 'oldest part-friend/part-alter-ego'.. And realized that it can apply to myself and many others belonging to the same school of thought!! So I shall enlist them as "We" instead of "He" as it stands for the larger demographics
1) We believe in love.. and that it can be arranged !!
2) We don't care about what the society thinks.. But we care for how we are perceived in the society!!
3) We are in it for the long haul.. And quite old school at that too!!
4) We want to make sure things work out at individual, family and community levels
5) We love the cultures, traditions and backgrounds we come from and yet look down upon the people of our own communities for being close-minded in the way they behave and think!!
6) We believe in having a global identity and yet look down upon the way the west functions and people brought up there for being overtly liberated and their loose morals!!
7) We know that we're big hypocrites and are rather proud of it :)
8) We're prude and quite happy about it
9) We entertain the vices under the pretext of social norms.. But really can't be bothered!!
10) We use the national language for business purposes alone
11) We use our mother tongues for cultural purposes alone
12) And we use English to think!!
Well.. All of the above pretty much identifies this social demographics we belong to..
I know that not everyone subscribes to it, but some of us do!!
And why did I make a post of this all.. Simply because I wanted to say "I am completely Desi.. But I think only in English!!"
2 comments:
Nice! Especially numbers 5, 6, & 7... :)
I like it....n yes I too am pretty similar in most of the points u mentioned....
Post a Comment