Monday, December 8, 2008

A conversation...

Couldn't help but put this one up.. I know it can seem a little ego booster, but that is not why I'm putting it here.. Its just so strange how we all affect, perceive and think about other people in our lives.. I mean this conversation just said something that I did not know I do to people.. Well not everyone, but I know of this one girl who definitely said it.. She'll recognize it when she reads this, but I won't name her here..

So here's the conversation we had.. just a snippet ofcourse...
me: u there?
She: yup tel me :)
saw ur blog.. good as usual :)
me: Thanks.. So hows Life??...
She: Yeah.. i thought of starting one blog for my thoughts..at random..music book and movie reviews..
me: Thats great.. u should start writing urself.. yea.. do that.. it'l be good
She: u think i can write?
me: ofcourse.. anyone can write
She: i mean...with u.. there's jus this mystery abt u.. :)
somethin that draws people to u..
hv always felt that abt u..
me: wot bout?
She: wonderfully weird..
me: im just a regular person..boring at most times.. struggling to make a conversation :)
She: i dont think so though...i remember how i was drawn to talk to u.
me: u make me seem like an antique from the museum .. like what people go to see but can't touch.. hehe
She: :)


Like I said.. The point here is not bout the conversation per say, but just how differently we all emote off each other.. Strange, flattering, amusing, entertaining, exciting, drawn to, etc are just few of the things that people feel for others. And I am not saying for lovers per say.. or people in any form of relationship.. it could be just about anybody...

Im kind of looking forward to seeing how else I affect other people.. hehe..

PS: For the record, the girl in the conversation is a very close and important friend who is very happy with the joys given to her by life.. Bless you

10 comments:

dEeBeE ! said...

no comments very strangely, although I wanna.. :)

Vikas Arya said...

This is so true.
infact its not just people who can affect you, in my case it could be anything, for example ,
1. an article in the news paper.
2. something you see on the road.
3. a movie.
4. or just about anything.

what i'm trying to tell is that a very simple, seemingly insignificant thing can affect a person to a great extent.
this is an interesting post Ashwin, it has triggered something in me and i'm going to my blog to write an article !

Ashwin Prabhakaran said...

thats true..
The magnitude of how anyone/anything/words/speech/sight can affect you is mind boggling.. and thats exactly what I was trying to say here..

In a rather crude way of explaining humans are generally a mix of rationality and emotions.. and the ratio of rationality::emotions varies from person to person.. And it is that difference in ratio, added with state-of-mind, situations, environmental influence, etc, that could perhaps be the reason behind it all..

I have just made a very rough study of it all.. Im sure there are various theories to this

Anonymous said...

I read this article just before I was supposed to head for a lecture in the afternoon. It got me thinking. Its so nice to see how we can define people by the emotions we associate with them. Emotions are so basic to human existence, but we describe people so differently. Each person that walks into our lives, leaves a piece of their mind with us. Reminding us of who we are to them and who they are to us.

small things we say to people everyday can change their lives. and what we changes our lives too. It broadens our definitions of ourselves. It breaks boundaries of restricted thought when someone tells you what they perceive of you. It lets you know what you've been doing with that relationship. Every conversation reveals another viewpoint, another way to look at the same thing.

Every time I contemplate missing a lecture, my closest friend tells me, 'come, who knows, he might say something that could change your life altogether' When he tells me that, I say 'Oh, please!' But he's right (as he always is) And incidentally, I was planning on bunking the lecture that I later ended up attending :)

Any conversation at anytime can change a person's emotions, thoughts, actions..however small

P.S. As the girl Ashwin who had that conversation with him, I wanna thank him for who he's been in my life. Just for being him.

dEeBeE ! said...

Ahan..I don't think I need to comment!!

Ashwin Prabhakaran said...

got a double en'tendre on this post...
ok.. there i go again..

Unknown said...

I totally agree with her.. wot I like the most is the mystery bout
u... ve always felt that... and that makes u more interesting...

and yea of course ur weird... just like me... two weirdo's!!!!!!

Swaroop said...

nice blog dude.
Its always good to know what people think... matters a lot when it comes to handling relationships.

dEeBeE ! said...

Alriteeeee...looks like u r on a roll baby!! ;)

michael said...

wow that is nice, almost remindes me of a few friends of mine. Well have a nice day.